Taken from the book: Ryde Isle of Wight Its Sports and Attractions:
This Club which was founded in 1895 is under the captaincy of Mr G H Harrison, of Thornton, near Ryde. Its grounds, situated at Westridge Farm, less than two miles from Ryde Pier, has a course of nine holes. The annual subscription for gentlemen is one guinea, for ladies, half-a-guinea. Members of other than Isle of Wight Golf Clubs are eligible for election, at a subscription of half-a-guinea, on certain conditions, which can be obtained from Mr A S Gordon, Hon Sec, Ashley House, Elmfield, Ryde. Visitors are allowed to play on the Links upon payment of one shilling a day, and on entering their names in the temporary members’ book, in charge of the Green Keeper, except when the ground is required for competition.